an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

11.20.2007

The 11.21 club


As a mommy I don't find myself using the phrase "goin' clubbin'" very often (truth be told, I didn't really use those words before my sweet children came into my life), so I will take this rare opportunity to exercise the limits of these words. My very good friend Kelly MacDonald and I share many things in common, including the greatest birth date of the year: 11.21! Today as the founding members of the 11.21 club, we treated ourselves to a birthday lunch (with kids in tow, of course) at Olive Garden. I must sing the praises of all 6 1/2 of our children, they were all on their best behavior throughout their mommy's birthday lunch treat. In place of birthday cake, Kelly and I agreed that a Starbucks treat (just for the birthday girls, and acquired via the Starbucks drive-through window) was needed to officially "top off" our fun celebration. Below is a picture of the party "clubbin'" crew: Kelly (holding Reese), Paige, Trent (peeking out between Paige and Troy), Troy, Meg (holding Clay & "Sweet Bun") and Owen.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and a wonderful upcoming year! See you later today!
Alyssa

Kel said...

I enjoyed the meeting of the 11.21 club. The kids did do great! We'll have to make it an annual event. :) Happy birthday!

Angela Robinson said...

Happy Birthday! I totally thought about you on your day (it's the same as my Gramps' birthday, so easy to remember!). Hope it was special!