an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

1.06.2008

Good-Knight...

Sleep Tight...
Traditions. I love traditions. I love the stories and memories and traditions that are the fabric of our family's heritage. Today I am reveling in yet another sweet connection between the past and the present.

My wonderful father-in-law lovingly built a beautiful cradle when he and my mother-in-law were expecting their first born (Zach). My mother-in-law tells the story of how Zach was such a large baby that he literally hit the sides of the cradle all night long, keeping himself and those around him awake all night long. So, as the story goes, Zach spent only one night in the beautiful cradle which was handcrafted for him. Thankfully the cradle wasn't discarded out of frustration. It was stored for many years in the attic until the arrival of our first born when Larry and MaryKay generously offered it's services to Zach and I. The precious cradle has had more success this time around, for our three little ones have loved resting and relaxing in the comfort of it's gentle swaying motion.

OAK
2004

CGK
2006

WTK
2008

1 comment:

Ashley said...

And hopefully our kids will get to sleep it in one day!
{I love the picture of Owen looking at baby Clay. So sweet!}