an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

8.15.2007

2526 Rountree

Our 4th remodeled rent house...
Owen has been going to "be a worker-man" with daddy and Bud everyday throughout this remodel process. He has loved every minute of working with the "big boys". As you can see, he (with a bit of help from daddy & Bud) has accomplished a lot! (You can click on the pictures to get a more detailed look)



This is a (very) rough floor plan sketch for the house we purchased @ 2526 Rountree. We bought it to be rental property, a long term investment. We have gutted the inside and completely remodeled it just in time for it's first renters to move in.














This is the Living/Dining area. We refinished the original hardwood floors, patched/painted the walls & trim, covered the ceilings with bead board (to conceal previous damage such as poor patching, leak stains & cracks), added new lighting fixtures, blinds, back door and hardware.




This is a view straight down the Hallway from the Living/Dining area looking towards the Bathroom at the end of the hall. We patched/painted the walls & trim, covered the ceilings with bead board, added new hardware and lighting fixture.














In the kitchen area we patched/painted the walls & cabinets, covered the ceilings with bead board, pulled up the nasty linoleum and laid tile, added new hardware, lighting fixture,
counter tops, sink and faucet.







<-Bedroom #1




Bedroom #2->









<-Bedroom #3








We patched/painted the walls white, covered the ceilings with bead board, refinished the wood floors, added new hardware, blinds & lighting fixtures. We also added bead board as wainscoting on the walls of Bedroom #3 because of previous damage.

















In the Bathroom we covered the ceilings with bead board and also placed it on the walls as wainscoting, patched/painted the walls and cabinets, tore out the old heating unit and put custom built-in shelves in it's place, sprayed the window with etching spray for privacy, added new hardware, sink, faucet & lighting fixture.

We're very pleased with how it turned out. Our goal is to redo the outsides of our rental properties soon which will make another dramatic difference. Until then...

6 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Great job! I love the colors and those gorgeous floors. I wish I could see a picture of the bead board ceilings--I've never seen that done before, but I bet it looks fantastic. You definitely have a lot to be proud of!

Now and Then Photography said...

they have done some great work, I wish we could have lived in it like this. the color choice is fabulous. your added touch I'm sure.

Kim W. said...

Very impressed, once again! You have QUITE the talented husband!

Ashley said...

It turned out great! I love the colors...I think I should use that brownish color somewhere in my house! :)

delana said...

Great job as always. I do love the browns. Its what we have talked about doing in our living areas. I may have to steal your color choices.

akjmccall said...

WOW, WOW! Incredible work, I must say.