an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

9.12.2007

Mary's Palateria...

If you are a resident of Abilene, Texas then you will not need to read any further than the title above to understand the sweet goodness of which I will be raving about throughout this post.

Mary's Palateria...


Mmmm...where do I begin?! This little local "hole in the wall" has carved out a special place in the hearts of our family. As you all should know by now, we are ice cream fanatics! And this yum-factory certainly caters to our whims. The ice cream is locally made and delicious, with offerings that range from traditional (strawberry, cookies & cream, butter pecan etc.) to the unique (limon, cheese, mango, etc.). They also offer the most amazing fresh fruit drinks I have ever tasted, with flavors like: lime, strawberry, cantaloupe and watermelon (with real fruit pieces leftover from the juicing process!).

We truly enjoy their scrumptious offerings, but couple them with friendly hometown service and VERY affordable prices and you get an enjoyable family outing that won't break the bank (which, for this growing family, is a treasured find!)

Our latest outing to Mary's was just a few days ago. We loaded up in our car after dinner and together enjoyed satisfying our sweet tooth. Bud and Honey met us there (that's them with the boys in the first photo). I'm sure their main motivation was getting to see their grandkids, but they also find it hard to pass up a yummy treat from Mary's.

3 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Sounds delicious! I was just craving a fruit smoothie last night. I'll have to add Mary's to our list of things to do next time we're in Abilene!

Kel said...

Yummy! Mary's IS a delicious (and affordable) place - a great Abilene "hole-in-the-wall."

Mary Kay said...

Yes, you are right! Getting to see the grandsons AND Zach and Meg is always a treat...but to add Mary's ice cream to the mix...who could resist! Love- Honey