I love to garden! It has become one of our favorite family activities. I grew up working in my family's garden, Zach grew up helping in his grandparent's garden and we both have very fond memories of the time spent preparing the soil, caring for/nurturing the plants and reaping the harvest. There are so many life and spiritual lessons to be gleaned from gardening, and in our opinion, it sure beats watching television! Gardening can truly bring people together. We have spent valuable time growing as a family unit while working in our garden the past 3 years. Gardening has also brought us closer to our neighbors through sharing our produce. There is an indescribable feeling of peace when you're up to your elbows in dirt, preparing the soil and planting. I love the excitement I feel when God sends His rain to nourish our little crop, and the wonder of watching God at work as the tiny seeds spring from the ground to reach heights up to 6 foot! What a miracle in the making, unfolding before our eyes! We are so grateful that our Lord has blessed us with able bodies, plenty of land and willing spirits to take advantage of the many blessing that have been showered upon our family through our
educational gardening experiences.

This week has been filled with bountiful harvest! I have mainly be working on peaches and tomatoes, but as you can see, we have a few other items that are needing attention as well. I will keep you posted on the progress. I have high hopes of canning salsa, tomato basil soup and peach preserves, we would love to be able to add these items to our pickles and relishes that I have already canned. I am dreaming of a cellar to store all of our canned goods in.
Question: Is a cellar too big or extravagant to ask Santa for? Hmmm...
educational gardening experiences.
This week has been filled with bountiful harvest! I have mainly be working on peaches and tomatoes, but as you can see, we have a few other items that are needing attention as well. I will keep you posted on the progress. I have high hopes of canning salsa, tomato basil soup and peach preserves, we would love to be able to add these items to our pickles and relishes that I have already canned. I am dreaming of a cellar to store all of our canned goods in.
Question: Is a cellar too big or extravagant to ask Santa for? Hmmm...




4 comments:
bring them to wendy. being single, i do not get many fresh fruits and veggies. well....i don't get many home cooked meals period!
Wow! What a beautiful haul! I'm so impressed! Abilene must be the best place ever for growing peaches--my aunt and uncle just brought some down to us and they were delicious! Good luck with the canning. (And your request to Santa...although, if he heard anything about your warrant, you might have blown it!)
Oh my...my mouth is watering just LOOKING at those PEACHES! The Watson's love peaches if any are thinking of going bad. :) Ha! Awesome "harvest" - remind me to tell you about my Grandpa Jack and his garden. He, as well, had such a ministry through his garden. Love it.
WOW those look INCREDIBLE! I'll have you know tomato soup has been one of my most extreme AND constant pregnancy cravings, so you are REALLY getting to me with that picture!
Post a Comment