This term has a deep meaning in our family. Ever since I have known Zach he has demanded the highest performance from any clothing item he has purchased. There are stories about him returning anything from running shoes to dress pants for a refund because he believed they didn't hold up as they should have, to sending in an account of his infamous skiing accident along with the side-zip pants that the E.R.workers cut off of him during the race to save his life (& legs). A "great deal" isn't just a cheap buy, but a quality buy at a good price.
The key to his successful returns and exchanges has been the fact that he has purchased quality clothing from companies who stand behind their products. He has always taken the time to research items and scrutinize company policies before shelling out any cash and has also been known to watch an item like a hawk until purchasing it the moment it goes on sale. I am proud to say that this attribute has rubbed off a bit on me through the course of our relationship. Now don't misunderstand me here, if I buy that cute shirt or adorable pair of heels for less than $10 at Ross, my expectations are realistically placed, but every large purchase is researched, scrutinized, etc.
Recently I was pleasantly reminded of what a great investment quality clothing is, when Zach and I both sent our parka's back to Patagonia for repair or replacement (For those of you who don't know: Patagonia stands behind every piece of clothing they sale with a lifetime warranty. Which means they will repair or replace it if anything is ever wrong with the item.). My parka was purchased in the mid-nineties from the sale rack at an outdoors store in Colo. Springs, Co. I paid about $100 for it. Zach's parka was purchased on sale for around $150. We sent them both back for various repairs a few months ago and when they couldn't repair the damage they gave us a gift card to go toward the purchase of new merchandise. The catch here is that they give you a gift card for the original amount of the item you are needing to replace. Sweet. We ended up with $750 to spend on new Patagonia merchandise! Below you will see pictured some of my new purchases with our gift card.


Another company I would highly recommend is Smith Optics. They also have an outstanding warranty and because of that I am now the proud owner of two new pair of the most comfortable sunglasses ever known to man. Before meeting Zach I was a "cheap" sunglasses kind of girl (We're talking Wal-mart here). But, on our honeymoon Zach bought me my first pair of Smith's and I am afraid that I will never again be able to look at the "cheap" Wal-mart sunglasses the same way. The Smith's are practically weightless and amazingly comfortable for hours on end...yes friends, true quality. I will say the most amazing thing about these sunglasses is how they hold up because I guaranty the only "babying" my original pair experienced were, by name: Owen and Clay. These are my two new pair... long story made short: I got to purchase them for $20 instead of the original $80 a pair! Fabulous!


The key to his successful returns and exchanges has been the fact that he has purchased quality clothing from companies who stand behind their products. He has always taken the time to research items and scrutinize company policies before shelling out any cash and has also been known to watch an item like a hawk until purchasing it the moment it goes on sale. I am proud to say that this attribute has rubbed off a bit on me through the course of our relationship. Now don't misunderstand me here, if I buy that cute shirt or adorable pair of heels for less than $10 at Ross, my expectations are realistically placed, but every large purchase is researched, scrutinized, etc.
Recently I was pleasantly reminded of what a great investment quality clothing is, when Zach and I both sent our parka's back to Patagonia for repair or replacement (For those of you who don't know: Patagonia stands behind every piece of clothing they sale with a lifetime warranty. Which means they will repair or replace it if anything is ever wrong with the item.). My parka was purchased in the mid-nineties from the sale rack at an outdoors store in Colo. Springs, Co. I paid about $100 for it. Zach's parka was purchased on sale for around $150. We sent them both back for various repairs a few months ago and when they couldn't repair the damage they gave us a gift card to go toward the purchase of new merchandise. The catch here is that they give you a gift card for the original amount of the item you are needing to replace. Sweet. We ended up with $750 to spend on new Patagonia merchandise! Below you will see pictured some of my new purchases with our gift card.
Another company I would highly recommend is Smith Optics. They also have an outstanding warranty and because of that I am now the proud owner of two new pair of the most comfortable sunglasses ever known to man. Before meeting Zach I was a "cheap" sunglasses kind of girl (We're talking Wal-mart here). But, on our honeymoon Zach bought me my first pair of Smith's and I am afraid that I will never again be able to look at the "cheap" Wal-mart sunglasses the same way. The Smith's are practically weightless and amazingly comfortable for hours on end...yes friends, true quality. I will say the most amazing thing about these sunglasses is how they hold up because I guaranty the only "babying" my original pair experienced were, by name: Owen and Clay. These are my two new pair... long story made short: I got to purchase them for $20 instead of the original $80 a pair! Fabulous!


So, you can tell I am just a little excited about the new additions to my wardrobe, but mainly because I seldom by myself new things unless forced to do so by my husband ( I know there are other mommies out there that can understand that), and because I know I got a great price on items that will hopefully last a lifetime. If anyone knows of any other great companies who stand behind their products, please let me know. I am always on the hunt for a great deal.




1 comment:
okay, I am rushing right out to buy Smith sunglasses and a Patagonia parka... isn't this the third time Zack has sent his Patagonia stuff back... WOW! pretty cool. Glad you guys are doing well. karen
Post a Comment