an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

9.10.2007

"Man Vacation"


Zach has just returned from a week long "man vacation" in Colorado. (He left 9.2.07 and returned 9.8.07.) I have been trying to get him to take this time off for about three years now, but the "right time" just hasn't seemed to come around. I think Zach was finally convinced that with a wife, three kids, four rental properties and operating his own business that the "right time" was probably never going to come.

So, with a bit of nudging from me and a lot of encouragement from his dad (a.k.a. Larry/Bud) Zach decided to head off to the Rocky Mountains for a little rest and relaxation. The "agenda" was very simple: Fishing, Camping, Eating and Sleeping. No paperwork, cell phone calls, scheduling, cleaning up other peoples messes or problems! He had strict instructions to spend quality time in the great outdoors!

A close family friend Andrew Avery met up with Zach and accompanied him on this get away, so Andrew is who you will see in most of the pictures. :) They drove Andrew's truck and pulled our camper, I think their campsite looks pretty comfortable!

I am very excited to report that the entire trip was a huge success! Zach is now home and returning to the "real world", but my hope is that his rejuvenating time in the mountains will carry him through until the next "man vacation".

Zach works so hard to provide for our family! He is constantly dealing with stress, pressure, deadlines, etc., so I can stay at home with our precious boys and not only our needs will be met, but many of our wants as well. He has had an unusual year filled with several periods of illness. I could tell that his daily responsibilities were really beginning to wear him down, so to see him revitalized is a huge blessing!

I would like to say THANK YOU to my sweet father-in-law for stepping up and taking over during Zach's absence! This trip would NOT have taken place if it were not for him!

1 comment:

Mary Kay said...

We can't think of anyone that deserved this "man vacation" more than Zach! We love seeing the pictures! Makes us want to go fishing again! Love-Bud and Honey