
About a week ago I took the boys to the new "Paint Your Own" pottery studio in town and let them paint a pumpkin for "Honey's" pumpkin collection. I chose two colors of orange and two colors of brown, then allowed the boys to create their one-of-a-kind masterpiece. The only instruction I gave them was that there could be no white left when they were finished.

They took to pottery painting immediately and surprisingly, they were both very tidy when all was said and done. When they were finished, I wrote their initials and the date on the bottom. We left it there to be glazed and fired (cooked in the big oven).

The pumpkin creation was ready to be presented to "Honey" just in time for Halloween, and to join the others in her collection for the remainder of the fall season. We wrapped it up and delivered it to her work. Upon presentation, Owen proudly announced

"Happy Birthday"! (so much for rehearsing "Happy Halloween" in the car!)

"Honey" loved her new pumpkin! The pumpkin was crafted with such talent (and of course, I'm not biased at all) that she didn't recognize it as a handmade creation until the fact (and initialing) was pointed out. This indeed made the gift much more of a treasure.
2 comments:
What a fun outing! I have wanted to try going to U-Paint It with Norah, but I didn't know if she was old enough. You're a brave (and very fun) mom!
It is the sweetest and prettiest pumpkin in my collection...no doubt! I love it! The boys did an amazing job on it! Thank you Owen and Clay...you are Honey's best pumpkins of all!!!!
Post a Comment