
My friend Kim has made huge strides toward becoming a true "Susie Homemaker" since she became a stay-at-home mom almost two years ago. She calls me with questions and I conger up the best answer I can think of (always prefaced with a disclaimer like:"this is what I would try"). Recently her and her family joined us for dinner and (after giving her forewarning) Kim was called upon to make the biscuits from scratch. The recipe was one that is perfect for beginners. It was my mom's "Slap your brains out" biscuit recipe, few ingredients, easy to follow instructions. She handled herself like a pro! Susie Homemaker, eat your heart out! I snapped a picture as proof of her conquered endeavor.
2 comments:
Yummy! I made some "Slap your mama biscuits" (as David calls them) a few weeks back. Always a big hit!
Susie Homemaker here...yep, that's right, that's my name! And I have to say, I was very impressed with my "skills" as well! I believe I actually need to get this recipe since I am SO good at it! :) But I request a chance to re-take this picture when I am NOT 8+ months prego! :) I bet they'll even taste better next time! Love ya! Thanks for having us over. As always, we had a WONDERFUL time! And thanks for the famous milkshakes, once again! LOVED IT!
Post a Comment