an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

10.10.2007

Retreat

We have not dropped off the face of the planet, though we were away from all electronic means of communication for a week and a half. Quite heavenly if you ask me. Though not truly Heaven, I believe the elevation of Colorado and New Mexico to be a bit closer to it than that of Abilene, Texas. And the cool weather of the mountainous region...aaahhh...so refreshing! Okay, I could go on and and on about how wonderfully enjoyable our outdoor family adventure was...the crisp cool weather, the amazing glow of the changing aspen leaves, the joy of camping with a husband and two young sons who enjoy being outside just as much as I do, our new (and immensely enjoyed) dutch oven and pie iron recipes, quality time spent enjoying each others company, memory making at it's finest...but, lets get down to business...a picture says a thousand words...
My next posts will chronicle our recent family adventure.

2 comments:

Angela Robinson said...

Glad you had a good family trip, and even MORE glad that you're back. I've missed your updates and was wondering where you'd gone!

Having camped with you and Zach before, I have no doubt that you ate very well. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Ashley said...

Fried Pie Maker,
Make me a pie,
Make me a pie as big as the sky!!!

Sing that a few times and your day will be complete. :) Love you!