This was a very important day during our family vacation. October 4th was Reese MacDonald's 3rd birthday! Zach cooked sweet potatoes pancakes and maple sausage links to start our day.

We had decided to take the day off from our exploring endeavors and just hung around the town of Chama, NM. We strolled and shopped the main strip in town, enjoying the weather and each other's company.

Kelly and I REALLY enjoyed getting to go into some of the shops alone (sans children!). Zach and Jim allowed the kids to play in a downtown park, where they got to ride an elk, pet puppies, watch the train yards and enjoy being outside.

Hot Dogs were served for lunch at our campsite, followed by Reese's birthday cake (that Kelly baked and decorated in short order fashion while camping! It was delicious!) and party (complete with gifts of course!).

Owen had chosen Reese's gift while we were at Sam's shopping one day. The boys and I were walking down the toy aisle and I had turned to look at something, when I felt our cart being jostled. I turned around to find Owen trying his best to place a large box filled with a princess
Aurora costume into our cart. Filled with confusion at the thought of this being the one toy my eldest son would choose from an aisle packed with toys, I collected myself and calmly asked him: "Owen, what are you doing?". He looked up at me with starry resolve in his eyes and said in a dreamy voice: "Dis be for Reese. She be so pretty princess. Look momma, shoes even!". So, how could I resist?! Especially since Reese does parade around her house saying: "I'm Aurora. I'm Sweeping Booty!". We were going to get her a gift and my sweet thoughtful son had taken care of the decision for me. Needless to say, he had been looking forward to presenting Reese with the gift he had chosen specially for her.

Following the party we all just enjoyed relaxing and hanging out around camp. For dinner we had spaghetti at Reese's royal request.
Kelly and I REALLY enjoyed getting to go into some of the shops alone (sans children!). Zach and Jim allowed the kids to play in a downtown park, where they got to ride an elk, pet puppies, watch the train yards and enjoy being outside.
Hot Dogs were served for lunch at our campsite, followed by Reese's birthday cake (that Kelly baked and decorated in short order fashion while camping! It was delicious!) and party (complete with gifts of course!).
Owen had chosen Reese's gift while we were at Sam's shopping one day. The boys and I were walking down the toy aisle and I had turned to look at something, when I felt our cart being jostled. I turned around to find Owen trying his best to place a large box filled with a princess
Following the party we all just enjoyed relaxing and hanging out around camp. For dinner we had spaghetti at Reese's royal request.




3 comments:
"Sweeping Booty" had a wonderful birthday in Chama. She absolutely loves her present from Owen and Clay. It's a little scary that Owen already knows my daughter so well! :)
So sweet! What a thoughtful gift from your sweet son. I'm glad you rewarded his thoughtfulness by actually buying it, and even more glad that the princess seemed to love his choice!
How precious! Love the picture of Reese! And I just loved to hear the story again of Owen spotting Reese's gift in Sam's! Priceless! He is such a sweet boy!
Post a Comment