an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

7.27.2007

Artistic Impressions #1

I decided back in the spring that each month of this summer I would do one big messy art project with the boys.

You know, the kind that on a daily basis you think to yourself "oh, I don't want to drag all of the stuff out and clean it all up again". Well, I set my mind to it and so far we have had a blast! Here are some pictures of our June art project, instead of finger painting I am calling this "body painting".



I just rolled out art paper on our front porch, watered down some washable paints, stripped the boys down to what Owen calls "naked" and set them free to create whatever kind of masterpiece they wanted...
















Clay (the adventurer) did eventually decide that the taste of the paint was indeed not to his liking. And Owen (Mr. tidy) finally felt comfortable making a bit of a "mess". We all three ended up having such a great time with priceless memories made. We, of course, left the results on the porch for daddy to see when he got home from work.

Stay tuned...I will post soon about our July art endeavor.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

That looks like so much fun! I dare not try until Wyatt is a little older, he likes to eat everything right now no matter the taste.

Angela Robinson said...

You are such a fun mom! (Like I had any doubts before) And what artistic sons you have. Can't wait to see this month's project.