an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

7.09.2007

In a PICKLE!

and RELISHING the thought...
My mom and I have been working this week on canning our garden produce. So far we have made: Sweet lime pickles, Squash/Zucchinni relish (in 4 different flavors), Squash pesto & Baked acorn & butternut squash. It is so fun to know that something you worked so hard to produce will be preserved for your family's enjoyment year round! My mother is really the knowledgeable one, but she puts up with my attempts and all of my questions. It has been wonderful to learn tricks and tips from someone who has done this for many years.
 
You have to allow the cucumber slices to soak in the lime mixture overnight in a piece of crockery. This is my first solo attempt at Sweet lime pickles. 
Some of you may be tricked into...I mean...uh...lucky enough to try them.

Owen loved helping grind up all of the 
ingredients for the relishes.

Our finished products...

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

Girl...you never cease to amaze me!!! I love all this crazy kitchen stuff you teach me! I look forward to more lessons from GourMet MEG. :) Look forward to catching up with you soon. I've missed ya!