an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

12.06.2007

Haul out the holly...










Christmas is one of my favorite holidays! From the time that it is over I look forward to celebrating it the next year. Zach and I come from tradition filled families and it has been such a joy to introduce our boys to each of our family's traditions as well as create some of our own. The festivities of the season can officially begin with the setting up of our Christmas tree. Zach had two very excited helpers this year which resulted in many laughs to share and fun memories to cherish. The picture of Owen holding the top of our tree reminds me of a great children's book called "Mr. Willoughby's Christmas tree", if you haven't read it I encourage you to check it out. (no pun intended)

Clay serenaded us with beautiful Christmas tunes (this falls into the "memories to cherish" category) while Owen exclaimed "LOOK, I've got big balls!" (yes, that falls into the "laughs to share" category)









Both boys thoroughly enjoyed putting each ornament in it's special place on the tree. They took their time and meticulously decorated every square inch of one square foot. The "Ornament Fairy" had to come behind them and help disperse the beauty, there is no doubt she will have to visit again when the boys go to sleep tonight, in order to get everything just right.









Will gave decorating his first Christmas tree a try and found it to be too exhausting!


3 comments:

Ashley said...

AHHHHHHH!!!! I am so excited you are back! I love your posts! And it's letting you post more now?? What happened? Can't wait to hear more.

Alyssa said...

Ahh! Christmas in July. What fun!

Dawna said...

I love Christmas!! Love it, love it, love it! I have even been watching Christmas movies this July. I think it might be killing your dad. Well at least making him fell a little ill. :)