an eye-witness account of our amazing family adventures

12.03.2007

one week check up

Will had his one week check-up today. The doctor is pleased with how well he is doing. I have to tell a funny story about Zach and I. My mom kept Owen and Clay while Zach and I enjoyed Will's first doctor's visit together. I am still pretty doped, but that is no excuse for the total neglect for preparation Zach and I displayed during this appointment! We had been waiting for a while to see the doctor and we were finally shown to our exam room where waited yet some more, but it wasn't until the nurse came in and asked us to take off Will's clothes that we realized we had completely forgotten the diaper bag! You would think that with two other small children we would have our diaper bag permanently implanted into our side, but no...hmmm, not so much. Upon examination of our newly stripped infant I discovered he indeed needed a diaper change. Okay, hormones are raging. Trying to think clearly...hmmm, not going well for me. Somewhere in the haze of my narcotics I remember that I usually keep a few spare diapers in the car for Clay, so Zach goes out to search and procure, fortunately for us there was ONE left. Unfortunately for Will, he had to wear a diaper outfit up to his nipples on the way home. So I submit to you that the third time is NOT always a charm in every way. Oh well, maybe the lesson is learned???

Will weighed in at: 7lbs. 13oz.
(back up to his birth weight!)


Will measured: 20 3/4 inches
(Yes friends, he apparently shrunk this past week)


Will = Strong & Healthy


No comments: