Owen Austin is our oldest child. At 2 years old he is quite the little man. I thought each of you would enjoy catching up with the last 2 years of Owen's life...
Owen was born November 30th, 2004 (on his due date) at H.M.C in Abilene, Texas. Everything went smoothly throughout labor and delivery, we were blessed with a beautifully perfect baby boy! Following the delivery my nurse noticed that something was not quite right because I was experiencing so much pain. She called my doctor (Dr. Tadvick) in and he discovered a large blood clot (I was bleeding internally, but thankfully I was clotting as quickly as possible). I was rushed to emergency surgery where many prayers were answered, the doctor was able to remove the blood clot and stop the bleeding. We spent a week in the hospital afterwards (F.Y.I.: H.M.C. has pretty good food once you learn what to order and a great staff!).

This is Dr. Tadvick w/ Owen @ 6wks.
Other facts about Owen include:
He is a chatterbox
(once he gets to know you)
Great manners
Potty Trained
He is sensitive of others feelings
He is all boy!
He loves to be a "Worker Man" with his tools,
Daddy & "Bud" (a.k.a. Zach's dad Larry)

Wonderful big brother

His favorite Bible stories are: "Hurt man" (The Good Samaritan), "Pigs" (The Prodigal Son) & "Daybid" (David & Goliath)
He loves to sing and can sing (by himself)almost every Bible school song you can think of

Owen is such a joy! He is a constant reminder of what a great blessing and responsibility children are to us. I don't want to think about all that I would miss out on if someone else cared for my child on a daily basis. I thank God every day that I am able to be home with our precious little ones. I am beginning to understand what older mother's mean when they talk about cherishing every moment that you have with your children. It seems like only yesterday the doctor was handing me a tiny newborn Owen and somehow in the blink of an eye he is now a little boy. I'm looking forward to all of the daily changes God has in store for this little man...
He is a chatterbox
(once he gets to know you)
Great manners
Potty Trained
He is sensitive of others feelings
He is all boy!
He loves to be a "Worker Man" with his tools,
Daddy & "Bud" (a.k.a. Zach's dad Larry)
Wonderful big brother
His favorite Bible stories are: "Hurt man" (The Good Samaritan), "Pigs" (The Prodigal Son) & "Daybid" (David & Goliath)
He loves to sing and can sing (by himself)almost every Bible school song you can think of

Owen is such a joy! He is a constant reminder of what a great blessing and responsibility children are to us. I don't want to think about all that I would miss out on if someone else cared for my child on a daily basis. I thank God every day that I am able to be home with our precious little ones. I am beginning to understand what older mother's mean when they talk about cherishing every moment that you have with your children. It seems like only yesterday the doctor was handing me a tiny newborn Owen and somehow in the blink of an eye he is now a little boy. I'm looking forward to all of the daily changes God has in store for this little man...



4 comments:
Sweet post, and pictures! I love his name for the "Prodigal Son"...so precious!
Oops! That was Angela, by the way :)
Ahh, I love the post. What a great tribute to sweet Owen. He sure is a precious little boy. We love him already, and can't wait for the boys to spend lots more fun times together! And Dixie promises to be nice from now on. :)
Owen is a sweetie! My kids all just love him. (And so do I, of course.) You are absolutely right - cherish every moment because it does fly by. I've learned that much and I know I haven't even seen the half of it yet! Can't wait to see Clay's entry. :)
Post a Comment