So, the family that is rarely sick (read: these Knight's) must have been saving up all of their illnesses just to cash them in this year! Broken Arm, Flu, Strep, Pink Eye, Tracheal Bronchitis and now add Roseola to the list. Owen came down with a low fever (100.3) that rapidly turned into a very high fever (104.1) Saturday night, it lasted for about two days and then subsided. He then broke out into a rash all over his body, which he still has. Roseola is very contagious so I knew it was a matter of time before Clay started showing symptoms...this morning he woke up with a fever (100.1) and so we wait...his temperature has stayed low all day today, but I feel as if I am living with a ticking time bomb...waiting...and waiting...
The good news is that once the fever breaks, they are no longer contagious and they feel great! Owen was a "worker man" with Bud (Zach's dad) this morning and came back home in time for his nap. His little rash looks yucky, but he feels fine. Here is a picture of the rash on Owen's face, it covers about 60% of his body.
The good news is that once the fever breaks, they are no longer contagious and they feel great! Owen was a "worker man" with Bud (Zach's dad) this morning and came back home in time for his nap. His little rash looks yucky, but he feels fine. Here is a picture of the rash on Owen's face, it covers about 60% of his body.




2 comments:
Oh, Meg - you guys have had a rough few months. I'm so glad we could be such a help in the start of all of it with our dangerous swingset. :) I'm glad Owen is feeling better and hopefully Clay will reach that point soon. I'm praying you stay immune to everything!
They look the worst when they actually are getting better. The good thing about Roseola is adults don't get it. I hope everyone gets healthy soon.
Post a Comment