For those of you who are not fluent in the toddler language, the title of this post translates as: Corn on the cob. Corn on the cob is a favorite at our house! From the time Owen knows that I am preparing it for dinner he will:
1. Squeal in pure delight
-
2. Run to tell Clay that we are having
"torn ona tob" for dinner
-
3. Announce it to anyone else
who may be in the house
(fully expecting them to share in the excitement)
-
4. Insist on choosing which color of
"handles" each person will have
-
5. Ask me every 5 seconds if the
"torn ona tob" is ready
As you can see Clay is following in his brothers footsteps
and developing a deep love for corn on the cob as well!
He will also whole heartedly take part in #1.
1. Squeal in pure delight
-
2. Run to tell Clay that we are having
"torn ona tob" for dinner
-
3. Announce it to anyone else
who may be in the house
(fully expecting them to share in the excitement)
-
4. Insist on choosing which color of
"handles" each person will have
-
5. Ask me every 5 seconds if the
"torn ona tob" is ready
and developing a deep love for corn on the cob as well!
He will also whole heartedly take part in #1.




3 comments:
I love it! I JUST found a video of Owen eating our "Cuban Corny-Corn" torn ona tob for the first time. I will have to send it to you! It is so cute!
I was thinking the same thing as Ashley when I was reading your blog! Do you remember the death grip Owen had on that first piece of corn? How he sucked every bit of corn juice out of the cob! How when it would "get away from him" he would panic! How we were laughing, taking pictures and he was completely enthralled in his torn ona tob! Hmm...kind of like me when I am eating! Ha.
torn ona tob....the best summer food ever!
Post a Comment