Santa came to our home a few days early this year. We will be packing up our boys this afternoon and driving to visit Zach's family for Christmas day/week, so we communicated our plan with the jolly old elf and he was able to drop by our house while out running a few last minute errands.
Yesterday (12.20.07) we baked cookies and last night we prepared for Santa's visit by setting out cookies and milk by the tree, hanging up our stockings and placing our special "Christmas key" just outside our front door. We don't have a chimney, so the key allows Santa to easily enter with all of the gifts in tow (wink, wink).
Before bedtime last night Zach read "'Twas the night before Christmas" to our three precious boys and then it was off bed where the Sugar plums and Jitter bugs seemed to both be dancing. The boys could hardly contain their excitement over the impending visit during the night.
(located inside the mall of Abilene).
These are a few pictures of our boys enjoying the unwrapping process of presents and stocking stuffers. Owen and Clay were sweet enough to help Will open his gifts. Children are truly so precious! I am convinced they each would have been perfectly content to see their brothers enjoy receiving and unwrapping gifts without being a bit concerned about their own desires.
Zach's sister told us the year we got married about a tradition she had seen where an older couple had taken a picture of themselves and their family in front of their Christmas tree on Christmas morning every year they had been married. So, Zach and I started that tradition on our first Christmas together, 7 1/2 years ago. Above you will see this years installment, to be framed and set out for many Christmases to come.
Merry (early) Christmas 2007!




1 comment:
Love the family Christmas picture!!! Can I copy this tradition? :) The only thing that bugs me though is that if I copy this tradition...I am VERY MUCH OCD (did you know that?) and I am already bothered by the fact that we have missed FIVE YEARS! UGH!!! Thanks for making me have another OCD moment! Not cool. But I really think we are gonna start this tradition this winter. :) Yay for us!
Post a Comment